Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Last Updated: January 1, 2019
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
Cultivate may automatically collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information, including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our website. This personal information is used for the operation of the site and the services it offers, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of Cultivate.
If you purchase Cultivate’s products and/or services, we, or our affiliate vendors acting on our behalf, may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information; and
- Financial information – billing, ship-to, and credit or debit card information.
This personal information is used to complete the purchase transaction. Depending on your address it might also be used to determine whether or not you are able to purchase certain products. For example, due to certain regulations currently in place in California, Cultivate strictly prohibits the sale of certain products in California (“Restricted Products”). See our Terms & Conditions for more information on Restricted Products.
We also may collect personal information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website, and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Cultivate or its users.
Finally, we may collect personal information you may disclose to our customer support team.
Cultivate does not intentionally collect personal information from or about any individual who is under 18 years old.
Cultivate collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and to deliver the services you have requested. In addition, Cultivate may also use your personal information to inform you of other products and services available from Cultivate and its affiliates. Cultivate may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Cultivate does NOT sell, rent, or lease any personal information to third parties.
Cultivate may share data with trusted partners and third parties to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Cultivate, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Cultivate will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Cultivate or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Cultivate; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Cultivate, or the public.
Cultivate may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a Cultivate customer;
- Retrieve information that you have previously provided to us, such as billing or shipping information;
- Customize Cultivate services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
We may use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire. We may also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as “Flash cookies,” to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behavior to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of Cultivate and all of Cultivate’s features. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, where Cultivate facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to Cultivate staff.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We may share your personal information with:
- Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Cultivate to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase Cultivate assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
401 Ryland Street Suite 200-A
Reno, NV 89502